Friday, October 31, 2008

Physicals and hernia checks and weight gain

OK...My DR left the practice she had been at for a few years...and that practice's office went bankrupt and they closed that office and shipped all the records to an office an hour away. I knew I was going to go where my DR was going and I filled out all the paper-work for them to send all our records to her new place. BUT the old practice was very slow in getting everything to her.....
This year was the year for Son to have his School Physical but Ern forgot to have the paper filled out.....so I could not get my hands on the paper to give to the school. It was taking too long, so I called the school aND asked them to just to the physical on Son. ( Dr was not comfortable filling out papers, without seeing Son, and then she would have to bill for another physical and Ins would not pay, and that is understandable)....
Son comes home about a week ago and told me he had his school physical and that "the lady" wanted him to take off his pants and she wanted to check things out down there and he refused. She told him that he would not be able to play sports and he said he was not planning on playing sports. He said that he was not comfortable with someone he didn't know feeling around down there and if it needs to be done Dr Torres can do it.

Yesterday, I get a letter in the mail from the school saying that upon their examination of Son, they have some findings that need to be followed up with our Primary DR....the kid has gained...are you ready for this one??? Are you sitting down??? OMGoodness.... he has gained according to them...60 pounds in 2 years!!! SIXTY POUNDS IN TWO YEARS!!!!!! They stated he has grown taller but didn't state how tall he has grown but stated they are concerned about his weight for his age...

today, I call the Dr set up an appointment for Dec 16 ( she is very busy, everyone loves her!) , called the school to tell them I am following up on this...then the school calls me back because they are concerned I didn't mention the hernia check. I stated I didn't realize that was a problem. Well, of course it is if a boy refuses to have one done. Umm...no it isn't. It is his body and if he doesn't want a woman he doesn't know touching him down there, it is his right. I told the school we will have our Dr do the hernia check plus child is not planning on doing sports. then she has the nerve to tell me that he is overweight ( well, duh, I know he is a bit overweight, had all ready discussed it last time he saw OUR DR but she is not overly concerned) and that sports would be a great help to take the weight off of him. Sorry but he has never had an interest in sports and I am not going to force him into something he is not interested in, he is doing a marching band with Scouts, and carries a heavy snare drum. Then she had the nerve to ask me if I thought that was enough. I nicely told her that I would discuss this with my Dr and let my Dr give the recommendations to me........

I am in enough trouble with the school district all ready. I did a meeting , with work, with one of my family's , with the school district and the aftermath was not pretty. I had some school district people calling me , quite upset, because of something someone higher up had me change.....not good when I have to go back and work with these people for my own 3 kids. So, now, I really need to try to keep my nose as clean as I can, you know?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is a prime example of why I took Shelby out of public school. The teacher was sticking her nose where it didnt belong. She is there to teach, not to instill morals in my child. I told her as much and she didnt like it, but she needed to be put in her place. Things never got better so I took her out after the fourth grade and never regretted a moment of it since. I think schools are putting their nose into others business a little too much these days.