Friday, November 14, 2008

I am sitting here feeling like I should have made a phone call last night...

DQ had been invited to a dinner party and movies with her bestest friend on the whole world.


I really do not want to go into all the nasty details here...but DQ was very disrespectful to me and I grounded her.....no party tonight....

I had thought of calling bestest friend's Mom but I was too upset,....

When I came home from work, DQ told me that Bestest friend's Mom had bought movie tickets, last night, for tonight...and I am rotten for not calling to tell her....

I was planning on calling tomorrow....;but now I wish I had done it yesterday....

some days, it really stinks to be the Mom.....

4 comments:

Missie said...

You're right. Sometimes, it does stink being the mom!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kindyland said...

It really does stink to have to dole out the punishments, but one day they'll learn. I'm sure the mom can use the tickets for another time....or perhaps she could get her money back the night she didn't use them.

Shel said...

It is hard being the mom.

But you had no way of knowing the Mom was going to pre-purchase the tickets. Hopefully she was able to use the ticket or get a refund.

Hopefully DQ will understand one day.

Shelly said...

Something similar to this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It was all my fault. lol Love ya!!