Sunday, August 22, 2010

MY July work DC trip

George and Abe were on loan from Madame Toussands and they were visiting the Gaylord National Resort that I was staying at



Friday evening, July 16,2010, I took a bus toar of the DC area as I had never been there before. I loved the Lincoln Memorial!





No, I don't know these people...and the Pres and his family were not at home when I came to visit.




while I loved the Lincoln memorial, the Korean memorial was just awesome at time...and totally gave me the chills. There are 19 men walking up this slope. amd when they are reflected in the wall, it looks like there are 38 of them and that rep[resents the 38th parrallel whick separates the North from south Korea.





The faces on the Korean Memorial seemed to "pop" out at me when I was taking these pictures.






the Capital building







There were sandsculptures in the resort...very interesting








and this is Paul from Peter, Paul and Mary. he was one of the speakers at the conference...he sang Puff the magic Dragon for us...









No comments: